Sr Manager, Integrated Marketing
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
Use your skills, experience & talents to be part of something BEAUTIFUL! In this role, you will be a key marketing leader – conceptualizing, developing, & implementing new strategies, new marketing approaches, new collaborative organizational processes, and the team to make it happen. It’s a great time to create the future of Marketing at Ulta Beauty.
The Sr. Manager, Integrated Marketing will manage 2 direct reports.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- Drive Salon/Services, Hair and Skin category awareness, traffic, and engagement through:
- Lead campaign planning, development and accurate execution for the marketing team
- Partner closely with business partner leads on strategy development in order to create recommendations of marketing support approaches
- Lead agency management for key campaignlette projects, ensuring strategic briefing and assessment of creative development aligns with the brand.
- Work closely with merchandising team to develop and support key launches and initiatives with focus brand partners (RedKen, LivingProof, Philosophy)
- Drive the collaboration of internal and external brand resources to create marketing materials to support a wide-range of integrated promotions, campaigns and event
- Ensure Retail and Service programming integration across marketing initiatives to drive overall guest penetration and loyalty
- Develop communications to ensure understanding and effectiveness of marketing programs internally as well as in the field
- Collaborate closely with store ops, creative services, legal and other key stakeholder groups to ensure clear and concise execution of marketing plans/strategies.
- Maintain knowledge of retail, capabilities, customer needs, internal operations processes and competitive landscape.
- Maintain Salon promotional calendars and schedules to ensure proactive, accurate and on-time planning of marketing tactics
- Oversee key projects from concept to completion obtaining necessary stake-holder sign-off throughout the process.
- Travel may be required (<10% of time)
- 7+ years direct marketing to consumer experience required.
- Superior leadership skills – including team leadership, thought leadership, problem solving, collaboration.
- Exceptional cross functional management and project management skills & experience.
- Superior strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Mastery in developing and executing strategic plans and marketing plans.
- Solid background/skills in analytics and data driven business planning.
- Strong background in consumer insight and consumer insight driven business planning.
- Demonstrated creativity and creative management, including strong demonstrated experience in leading creative work and agency partnerships.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral.
- Passion for business/the work and a constant learner.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) marketing experience preferred.