Strategic Initiavties Intern, Customer Marketing
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty (“Ulta”) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services. Since opening its first store 28 years ago, The Company has grown to become the top national retailer providing All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. Ulta offers more than 20,000 products from more than 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points. Ulta also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring hair, skin, makeup and brow services. Ulta is recognized for its commitment to personalized service, fun and inviting stores and its industry-leading ULTAmate Rewards loyalty program, which boasts over 30 million members.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
- Extreme efficiency, organization and attention to detail is a must
- Able to balance several work streams and prioritize deliverables – meeting deadlines with quality design
- Excellent interpersonal skills across both creative and business departments
- Be responsive to ever changing business need that support the overall enterprise
- The Strategic Initiatives Intern will support the Strategic Initiatives Manager in leveraging customer marketing data to understand loyalty performance, identify critical priorities and guide strategy development. This role will help oversee the team’s progress against key performance indicators and key initiatives and may assist with new workstreams generated to mitigate risk and capitalize on emerging opportunities.
- He/she will additionally keep a pulse on competitive intelligence and build business cases for innovative ideas necessary to adapt to the ever-changing industry landscape.
- He/she requires strong analytical competency with communication savvy and strong collaboration and proven relationship-building skills.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with the Strategic Initiatives Manager, leverage customer marketing data to understand loyalty performance and guide recommended actions.
- Collect data from various internal/external sources (competitive intelligence, workshops, surveys, etc.) to better understand the customer marketing landscape
- Create a forum to report out on trends uncovered through competitive intelligence to inform the Customer Marketing team and generate new workstreams.
- Manage the business cases of 1-2 key strategic projects which includes (with the assistance of cross-functional partners) collecting competitive intelligence, conducting consumer research, understanding financial feasibility, and building a workplan.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Majoring in business, marketing or related field
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to see the “big picture” and be able to provide recommendations synthesizing findings across different studies
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage project schedules and deadlines that run simultaneously
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
- Expertise with Excel and PowerPoint