Senior Manager, Digital Creative
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Manager, Digital Creative (Site, App & Digital Marketing) is responsible for incorporating our brand vision and design concepts/art direction from the Director, Digital Creative into multiple digital touchpoints – all aligning to overarching Marketing strategies. This role will work seamlessly with the Director, Digital Creative and teams across UX, Digital, Ecomm, Social Media/Content, Integrated Marketing, CRM/Loyalty as we continue to grow, evolve, and innovate our digital footprint.
The Senior Manager, Digital Creative (Site, App & Digital Marketing) will manage a team of 5 plus freelancers.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creative execution of work across multiple digital touchpoints, specifically weekly marketing cadence: site (desktop & mobile homepage, services experience & menu), app (homepage and push notification) and digital marketing (display & paid social).
- Creative execution of compelling, strategic, on-brand user experiences and solutions to support: 360 Marketing Campaigns, Prioritized Marketing Integration, Brand Marketing Initiatives, Brand Marketing Campaignlettes and Ecomm Initiatives.
- Partner with Integrated Marketing to review and input on digital experiences created by our Agency Partners.
- Implement the Ulta Beauty brand identity, visual and voice into the digital experiences & communications. Responsible for projects from concept through implementation – including overall experience, design, messaging, development, testing ensuring the best guest experience.
- Inspire and motivate designers and developers to be creatively progressive through storytelling, typography, photo styling and creative mood exploration along with a fundamental understanding of and desire to use data to evolve the creative and guest experience
- Work closely with Creative Operations and Project Managers to understand complex scheduling overlaps to be able to foresee timing or workload conflicts
- Manages the designers and developers on the team; ensuring their growth and success
- Partners and aligns with the Digital Creative Managers, to create greater efficiencies in process and collaboration across the different pillars on the Digital Creative Team
- Partners and aligns with Ecomm, Social Media/Content, Integrated Marketing and Loyalty/CRM to innovate and elevate the Digital Display, Paid Social & Brand Partner campaigns.
- Lead and participate in brainstorms and project discussions.
- Build out and maintain the Digital Marketing Style Guide.
- Proven leader and motivator of design professionals, with 5+ years of experience managing designers and developers
- Phenomenal portfolio of work, preferably with experience working in an e-commerce business
- Superior communications and organizational skill
- A desire & ability to drive innovation, both in technology and in process
- High level of proficiency with the following programs & languages: Adobe Creative Suite, AfterEffects, Invision, Sketch, HTML/CSS, Bootstrap
- Elegant graphic, typography and web design skills with interactive user experience
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple projects are crucial
- Bachelor's degree/BFA or its equivalent in Design