The DC Maintenance Manager will be responsible for supporting our Fresno, CA, Distribution Center operations in maintaining all the equipment to ensure minimal downtime and thus minimizing customer service interruption. This includes addressing emergency breakdowns with minimal downtime, developing a staff of mechanics and electricians to provide adequate coverage for operations, implementing a sound maintenance program, having a stock of cataloged critical spare parts and source for less-than-critical parts locally. In addition, the Maintenance Manager will provide leadership and technical guidance for the maintenance operations in other facilities with same support culture, approach, strategy and execution as detailed above.
The systems in the facility includes building maintenance, repair and building services, performing corrective, predictive and preventative maintenance procedures to material handling equipment, controls systems, employee scanning equipment, conveyor systems, rack and order picking structures as well as building and grounds maintenance, including HVAC, electrical and plumbing.
Use your skills, experience & talents to be part of something BEAUTIFUL! As a Maintenance Manager you will perform the following essential functions…….
- Direct reporting responsibility for all Maintenance Mechanics as well as indirect responsibility for non-exempt maintenance employees.
- Manages preventive maintenance programs and ensures schedule is adhered to in order to minimize downtime.
- Plan and assign advanced work assignments.
- Provide technical expertise in the areas of sortation, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Complete quality audits of mechanic work tasks and communicate results.
- Constantly communicate operations and maintenance issues to DC Management.
- Identify and propose meaningful improvements to the material handling system to improve productivity, quality, and/or service.
- Manage parts inventory.
- Open, assign and close scheduled work orders and create non-scheduled work orders.
- Obtains and reviews contractor bids for repairs and facility projects and coordinating projects to fit the business needs and parameters. Ensures contractor adheres to quality, scheduling, and budgetary guideline standards.
- Maintain compliance with all Federal, State, and Local laws and regulation that affect the plant operations.
- Comply with safety policies and practices to promote safety awareness in the DCs.
- Perform root cause analysis for any abnormal conditions/failures; take required corrective and preventative actions to prevent recurrence of such conditions.
- Benchmark performance of each facility to identify areas and establish methods of improvement.
- Define scope of janitorial work with business partners at each facility.
- Manages and oversees facility’s waste disposal program; ensures waste is disposed of in accordance with appropriate regulations.
- Manages and oversees the repair and maintenance of equipment; assigns work orders, ensuring safety and production related work orders are highest priority.
- Establishes schedules, methods and procedures for departmental work activities; identifies and resolves operational problems; and communicates expertise and approvals concerning departmental activities.
- Other duties as assigned, including projects related to the business.
- 2-5 years of technical experience in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology or other related area, or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Proven track record in managing large high volume DCs with high degree of automation, mechanization and technology.
- Experience in supporting multiple facilities
- Experience in mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, electronics, PLC driven controls, HVAC, plumbing, and conveyor maintenance.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of mechanical and electrical design and repair practices as they apply to power transmission and conveyor belt applications.
- Knowledge of motors and motor control methods.
- Knowledge of computer controls systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing label scanners.
- Knowledge of applicable safety codes.
- Knowledge of the techniques of parts fabrication.
- Ability to interpret electrical and mechanical schematic diagrams.
- Ability to develop and lead a group of maintenance mechanics engaged in the daily activities of preventative maintenance, machinery repair, and facility upkeep.
- Proven experience in a role requiring a high degree of organizational skill and a strong sense of urgency; able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in project management.
- Provides strategic recommendations for overall network maintenance related activities.
- Knowledge of high speed sortation and complex integrated MHE control systems.
- Supervisory experience managing maintenance personnel and maintaining automated equipment.
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency and pick or put-to-light systems desired.
- Must be able to bend, twist, reach, pull, push, and routinely lift 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 70 pounds.
- Continuous standing and walking, up to and including 12 hour shifts.
- Ability to adjust work schedule according to the business needs.
- Ability to work additional hours with little or no notice.
- Occasional travel to other distribution centers in the network.
- Exposure to distribution center conditions, which may include loud noises, variable temperatures, dusty environment, and strong scents related to cosmetics or fragrance.