IT Intern- Store & Backend Systems
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of the IT department.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
- Work with the team on a number Backend Systems Projects for enterprise wide solutions, including Work Force Management, Digital Workplace and proprietary Pricing and Promotion tools.
- Opportunities for hands on development and configuration of enterprise applications, researching production issues and determining how to maximize efficiencies while reducing operational expense.
- Work with key stakeholders to understand business priorities and opportunities in order to drive business growth.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle and prepare releases of software components.
- Review existing applications and recommend improvement opportunities.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree in the final year of school.
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2020.