IT Intern- Mobile App Development
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services for endless exciting possibilities, and – the possibilities are beautiful™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Ulta Beauty’s summer internship program allows you the opportunity have on-the-job training to execute real world projects, interact with Senior Management/Executives, mentorship from leaders, and thrive in an environment and culture that listens to and welcomes your feedback.
Components of the program include:
- As a member of engineering team, you will contribute to large-scale digital commerce applications to enable Ulta Beauty’s digital business while supporting architectural vision of quality, scalability and performance.
- Working on the full software delivery lifecycle
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
The Ulta Beauty Mobility team is looking for an Intern Developer who has exposure and interest in mobile app development, passion and enjoys working with a friendly, motivated and engaging team.
- Gain firsthand, real world knowledge about what is required to build and maintain Ulta's guest facing mobile apps
- Participate in requirements & design sessions with business stakeholders
- Assist delivery of ongoing app releases during the internship
- Work on one dedicated app development project which will be presented to IT leadership
- Enhance unit testing coverage for iOS and Android app code
SPECIAL INTERNSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
- Has passed a course in any object-oriented programming language with good grade
- Has successfully completed a project using object-oriented programming language such as Java or Obejctive-C
- Has used IDE softwares such as Eclipse, Xcode, IntelliJ Idea or Netbeans
- Has knowledge of git-based versioning tools such as bitbucket, github or gitlab
- Has familiarity with JSON data format
- Passion for learning new technologies and eagerness to collaborate with other creative minds
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and entering final year of school. Would not exclude recent graduates from 2019.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Strong academic record.
- Involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2020.