Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty (“Ulta”) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services. Since opening its first store 28 years ago, The Company has grown to become the top national retailer providing All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. Ulta offers more than 20,000 products from more than 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points. Ulta also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring hair, skin, makeup and brow services. Ulta is recognized for its commitment to personalized service, fun and inviting stores and its industry-leading ULTAmate Rewards loyalty program, which boasts over 30 million members.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP: There are 3 open Finance Internships in the below areas:
Finance eCommerce Intern:
- Collect and analyze data to support rollout of omnichannel initiatives by
- Creating product sales and margin reporting
- Analyzing financial impact of marketing promotions
- Assisting in development of store level sales plans
- Conducting cost analysis to understand profitability of programs
Finance Merchandising Intern:
- Work cross functionally with the merchant and planning partners to provide insights for vendor discussions using analyses on sales/margin/funding and expenses
- Create effective reporting on large datasets to aid merchant teams in analyzing their business in regards to vendor profitability
- Run “test versus control” analysis to determine if different labor or merchandising tests have a favorable impact prior to companywide rollout
Finance Analytics Intern:
- Automate complex/manual processes across different FP&A departments utilizing SQL/VBA and other programming languages/tools
- Develop Tableau dashboards and visualization to support FP&A reporting and analytical needs
- Assist broader FP&A team in setting up Test vs. Control initiative using statistical software
- Model ad-hoc business requests for various initiative across organization using advanced Excel skills
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and entering final year of school. Would not exclude recent graduates from 2020.
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2020.