Intern- Workforce Management
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty (“Ulta”) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services. Since opening its first store 28 years ago, The Company has grown to become the top national retailer providing All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. Ulta offers more than 20,000 products from more than 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points. Ulta also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring hair, skin, makeup and brow services. Ulta is recognized for its commitment to personalized service, fun and inviting stores and its industry-leading ULTAmate Rewards loyalty program, which boasts over 30 million members.
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The intern will assist the Workforce Management team with key initiatives and projects, including the deployment, training, and promotion of end-user adoption in the field for Workforce Analytics and Digital Workplace.This individual will identify and evaluate technology solutions and metric reporting to further optimize forecasting and scheduling processes.As part of the Ulta Beauty 2019 Summer internship Program, this individual will attend development and networking events to learn more about the business and grow professionally.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
The Workforce Management Analyst Intern is a champion of Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
- Identify external scanning and benchmarking of workforce trends and key metrics; leverage analytical tools to comprehend retail workforce trends, insights, and business impacts. Analyze data and scrutinize exceptions to identify trends and deliver actionable reporting on key workforce data metrics for leadership review and guided decision-making/actions.
- Develop efficient processes for workforce-related tasks, documenting current processes and procedures, as well as identifying gaps and opportunities for continuous process improvement.
Collaborate with Workforce Training and Compliance team to define, capture, and analyze compliance data. Conduct gap analysis of current training collateral and related business processes.
- Develop a comprehensive strategy, including business case, executive-level summary, and project plan designed to enhance end-user adoption and mitigate compliance-related risk.
- Identify pertinent workforce management training content (e.g., user guides, quick reference guides, FAQs, tips and tricks, e-learning, videos) for updates based off the comprehensive strategy.
- Currently pursuing bachelor’s or master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Human Resources or Business and entering final year of college.
- Recent graduates will also be considered for this role.
- Innovative analytical experience, coupled with demonstrated ability to scrutinize and interpret ambiguous data, identify trends, communicate findings, and propose recommended action(s) based on discoveries.
- Project management and experience leading multi-faceted projects/initiatives.
- Familiarity with external workforce management arena, including methodologies, labor model optimization, and industry insights a plus.
- Retail experience a plus.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations and/or activities.
- Strong mathematical aptitude with an emphasis on statistical analysis.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office product suite, including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Word.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills with the analytical ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and prioritize effectively.
- Aptitude to positively influence colleagues, peers, and cross-functional teams with diverse goals and responsibilities.
- Ability to perform and remain organized in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook, IL headquarters.
- Availability to work during core business hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Ability to commit during the months of June through August 2019.
- Normal office demands.
- Visit local-area stores to develop a foundational understanding of the associate and guest experience.