Intern- Supply Chain, Transportation
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty (“Ulta”) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services. Since opening its first store 28 years ago, The Company has grown to become the top national retailer providing All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. Ulta offers more than 20,000 products from more than 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points. Ulta also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring hair, skin, makeup and brow services. Ulta is recognized for its commitment to personalized service, fun and inviting stores and its industry-leading ULTAmate Rewards loyalty program, which boasts over 30 million members.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
- Develop optimal processes to support the TMS system based on 3rd party analysis and internally identified process gaps.
- Plan and execute the Transportation Partner Conference in August 2019.
- Create best practices and system optimization actions to enhance the team's productivity.
- Collaborate with key partners to gain understanding of the Transportation industry with a focus on End-to-End Transportation at ULTA Beauty.
- Develop a robust understanding of department budgeting, invoice management, and contract processes.
- Create presentations for multiple levels of Leadership leveraging data and experience to further the business case.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, or related field, and entering final year of school. Would not exclude recent graduates from 2018.
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate with cross-functional partners.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Previous data analysis experience
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2019.