Intern- Supply Chain, Sales & Operations Planning
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty (“Ulta”) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services. Since opening its first store 28 years ago, The Company has grown to become the top national retailer providing All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. Ulta offers more than 20,000 products from more than 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points. Ulta also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring hair, skin, makeup and brow services. Ulta is recognized for its commitment to personalized service, fun and inviting stores and its industry-leading ULTAmate Rewards loyalty program, which boasts over 30 million members.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
- Support the Supply Chain Planning & Analysis Manager in facilitating the S&OP Process
- Understand the functional steps within the S&OP process
- Report and analyze metrics related to inventory, capacity, throughput, efficiency, and accuracy
- Complete project work analysis to recommend optimal product flow channels for promotional (one time buy) items.
- This analysis will determine the risks & constraints, costs to serve, productivity trade-offs, and systems implications for “Distro” and “Reaction” distribution strategies.
- The project will consider if any of these activities can achieve business goals by flowing through standard replenishment processes.
- The project will clearly articulate the different impacts to stores, distribution centers, and planning and inventory.
- The project will also consider improved operational planning processes surrounding the current “Distro” and “Reaction” forecasting for improved accuracy.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and entering final year of school. Would not exclude recent graduates from 2018.
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2019.