Intern- Services Digital Experience
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty (“Ulta”) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services. Since opening its first store 28 years ago, The Company has grown to become the top national retailer providing All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. Ulta offers more than 20,000 products from more than 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points. Ulta also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring hair, skin, makeup and brow services. Ulta is recognized for its commitment to personalized service, fun and inviting stores and its industry-leading ULTAmate Rewards loyalty program, which boasts over 30 million members.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The intern will be on the “Enterprise Services” team, part of Ulta Beauty’s Services organization, and help elevate our Guest and Associate experience by leveraging technology.
- The “Enterprise Services” team is responsible for launching a new engagement platform in all 1200+ stores in 2019
- A part of this team, the intern will be working on one of Ulta Beauty’s key strategic initiatives for the year
- The selected intern will work side-by-side with the product owner, developers and key stakeholders to test the product, launch it in-store, and gather feedback from users to inform product enhancements
- Tech/Start-up experience or interest welcome
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
Intern will be focused specifically on the implementation of a chain-wide digital engagement platform. In addition to assisting with roll-out, gathering guest and associate feedback to continuously improve and evolve the platform.
Intern will learn the following:
- How to user test mobile technology (guest and talent facing)
- How to roll-out technology in 1200+ stores
- How to solicit insightful feedback on the technology from guests and associates
- How to analyze the feedback and translate them to actionable recommendations
- How to work with a start-up
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and entering final year of school. Would not exclude recent graduates from 2019.
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2019.
- Strong interest or experience in the digital and mobile engagement field.
- While this position will be supporting the roll-out of a technology platform, it is not for IT or CS candidates, unless they are interested in learning about the business side.