Intern- HR, Training & Development
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty (“Ulta”) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services. Since opening its first store 28 years ago, The Company has grown to become the top national retailer providing All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. Ulta offers more than 20,000 products from more than 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points. Ulta also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring hair, skin, makeup and brow services. Ulta is recognized for its commitment to personalized service, fun and inviting stores and its industry-leading ULTAmate Rewards loyalty program, which boasts over 30 million members.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Support the L&OD team with new corporate associate onboarding programs and Director leadership development programs (i.e.,Director Leadership Development Program, Ultamate ).
- Support administration of annual culture survey
- Support the training team with research on industry benchmarking, technology solutions
- Analyze existing survey data and build recommended actions for training team
- Participate in other L&OD and Training work as needed.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, L&OD or related field, and entering final year of school.
- Strong academic record.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and interact with various levels of leadership.
- Ability to work in our Chicago/ Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2018