Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty (“Ulta”) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services. Since opening its first store 28 years ago, The Company has grown to become the top national retailer providing All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. Ulta offers more than 20,000 products from more than 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points. Ulta also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring hair, skin, makeup and brow services. Ulta is recognized for its commitment to personalized service, fun and inviting stores and its industry-leading ULTAmate Rewards loyalty program, which boasts over 30 million members.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
There are 3 open Finance internships:
- Support Brand Marketing and Loyalty Marketing with cross functional interaction across Marketing, Finance, and Accounting
- Develop reporting and analytics on Loyalty Rewards program performance such as tier impact and redemption trend analyses
- Develop reporting and analytics on promotional effectiveness across marketing vehicles and offers
- Gain experience compiling large sets of data and summarizing effectively to provide insights on performance and trends in order to influence future decision making
- Collect and analyze data to support rollout of omnichannel initiatives by:
- Creating product sales and margin reporting
- Analyzing financial impact of marketing promotions
- Assisting in development of store level sales plans
- Conducting cost analysis to understand profitability of programs
- Work cross functionally with the merchant and planning partners to provide insights for vendor discussions using analyses on sales/margin/funding and expenses
- Create effective reporting on large datasets to aid merchant teams in analyzing their business in regards to vendor profitability
- Run “test versus control” analysis to determine if different labor or merchandising tests have a favorable impact prior to companywide rollout
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance and entering final year of school. Would not exclude recent graduates from 2019.
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2019.