Intern - Transportation
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty (“Ulta”) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services. Since opening its first store 28 years ago, The Company has grown to become the top national retailer providing All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. Ulta offers more than 20,000 products from more than 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points. Ulta also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring hair, skin, makeup and brow services. Ulta is recognized for its commitment to personalized service, fun and inviting stores and its industry-leading ULTAmate Rewards loyalty program, which boasts over 30 million members.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
- Support day to day transportation for Ulta’s DC’s, Outbound Carriers, Pool Carriers and Stores utilizing Ulta’s TMS platform.
- Work collaboratively with Transportation Coordinators at each DC to perform all transportation requests.
- Create and maintain Outbound Shipping Schedule in Excel and work with internal partners to update SAP & UltaNet.
- Work internally with DC’s, DM’s and stores to implement new shipping schedules
- Work with carriers to ensure their capacity meets Ulta’s demands
- Manage shipment exceptions, shipment prioritization and expedited shipments. When necessary, assist in tracking shipments and manage daily MacroPoint exceptions.
- Support monthly/quarterly carrier reviews
- Seek to improve the current process with a strong focus on continuous improvement.
- Create and maintain SOPs and best practice documents for multiple areas within transportation.
- Participate in transportation-related projects and support the transportation strategy
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Logistics/Supply Chain/Distribution and entering final year of school. Would not exclude recent graduates from 2020.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Microsoft proficiency required, advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred.
- Self starter with an entrepreneurship spirit who can work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2020.