Intern - Space-Floor Planning
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
- Work alongside Space and Floor Planners who will serve as a mentor to guide how we conduct business and how category management tasks are completed
- Help maintain presentation of physical merchandising sets at the mock store
- Create planograms, floor plans and fixtures in JDA Space/Floor Planning Software
- Audit planograms, floor plans and AutoCAD DXFs for accuracy
- Build Department Lines in Floor Planning for each store
- Attend cross-functional meetings with buying teams, replenishment and visual merchandising partners
- Create and review analytic reports, measuring space-to-sales performance
- Proactively assess and monitor the competitive landscape and marketplace to determine potential opportunities or threats
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree and entering Junior or Senior year. Would not exclude recent graduates from 2018.
- Must be able to provide proof of class registration or completion of degree.
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience in a retail environment is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to do physical work is required, i.e up to 40lbs.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2018.