Intern - Retail Merchandising
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty (“Ulta”) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services. Since opening its first store 28 years ago, The Company has grown to become the top national retailer providing All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. Ulta offers more than 20,000 products from more than 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points. Ulta also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring hair, skin, makeup and brow services. Ulta is recognized for its commitment to personalized service, fun and inviting stores and its industry-leading ULTAmate Rewards loyalty program, which boasts over 30 million members.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. The intern will be collaborating within their Merchandising team along with any cross-functional partners to gain an understanding of the merchant functionalities.
Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Merchandising interns will be responsible for reviewing and understanding sales, inventory, overall company and category strategies that drive sales and margin wins for the department.
- Work with buyers to develop layouts for allocated ad space
- Communicate with vendors to secure samples for advertising
- Attend advertising turn-in meetings with merchants
- Review advertising and signing proofs prior to printing
- Sales Reporting:
- Work with merchants to determine report needs
- Holiday preparation:
- Work with merchant team to coordinate sample needs
- Coordinate in-store presentation plans in conjunction with merchant team
- Additional holiday preparation tasks as needed
- Competitive marketing review:
- Track digital programs for key brands
- Monitor online promotions with brands direct websites and competitor websites
**2 total internships available in Merchandising**
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and entering final year of school. Would not exclude recent graduates
- Strong academic record
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities
- Passion for merchandising and beauty
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Experience working with Microsoft applications
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and interact with management level personnel
- Ability to work M-F between the hours of 8am-5pm