Intern - Process Improvement, Store Operations
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty (“Ulta”) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services. Since opening its first store 28 years ago, The Company has grown to become the top national retailer providing All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. Ulta offers more than 20,000 products from more than 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points. Ulta also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring hair, skin, makeup and brow services. Ulta is recognized for its commitment to personalized service, fun and inviting stores and its industry-leading ULTAmate Rewards loyalty program, which boasts over 30 million members.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
Project Objective & Scope:
- Project objective will be to implement a store process change impacting all retail stores with positive impact to store payroll efficiency and guest experience.
- Methodology to include defining and measuring current state, analyzing information, evaluating improvement options, implementing the solution, and defining success criteria.
- Project scope to include optimization of store process related to inventory management.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
- Managing and implementing a project from start to finish with goal of driving efficiency and service with focus on the retail stores.
- Influencing accountability to plan, execute, and achieve project objectives within internship timeframe.
- Analyzes data to determine appropriate actions needed to optimize results.
- Collaborates cross-functionally as needed to launch project.
- Assists in developing and documenting training materials.
- Proactively identifies change management needs and works with stakeholders to implement as part of project rollout.
- Deliver quality solution that meets the constraints of time, cost, and scope.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and entering final year of school. Would not exclude recent graduates from 2019.
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2019.