Intern - Merchandise Planning & Inventory
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
- Actively participate in a cross functional project that provides exposure to MP&I, Merchandising, Marketing, and Supply Chain, and ultimately present to senior leadership
- Conduct brand and item level forecasting task within Enterprise Planning and/or Excel
- Gain an understanding of Product Life Cycle Management best practices
- Work within our Forecast and Replenishment System (SWIFT) to manage inventory flow
- Learn basic Open to Buy management strategies to achieve the optimal outcome
- Perform Ad Hoc root cause analysis to assess performance and provide a recommendations
- Perform additional MP&I related task as needed
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and entering final year of school. Would not exclude recent graduates from 2020.
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2020.