Intern - Meeting Coordinator
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
*This internship runs from January 2020 - June 2020*
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
- Coordinate and assist with the planning aspects of Field Leadership Meeting, pre-planning and onsite execution; specifically, creative request, coordination of housing, audio/visual, transportation and F&B.
- Will assist with the General Managers Conferences specifically logistics and communication for travel and the creative process and proofreading for all collateral materials.
- Budget management and monitoring expenses
- Demonstrate flexibility and problem-solving skills to resolve situations in a professional and calm manner
- Develop and maintain solid relationships with internal Ulta Business Partners, attendees, and suppliers
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Project management experience
- Organized with the ability to multi-task
- Minimum of intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel)
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Highly detail-oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Eager and quick learner
- Ability to stand for long hours of day and be able to lift, bend and pick up boxes up to 50lbs
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.