Intern - IT ECommerce, Application Development
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Direct exposure to the commerce platform powering ulta.com and our $500MM digital line of business. Candidates will leading technologies including React.js, Node.js, REST, JEE, the Oracle Commerce platform, content management systems and all of the cool tools we utilize throughout our development cycle including GIT, Jenkins, Jira, SonarCube, etc.
- The successful candidate will experience first-hand what it is like to drive our business forward through building and extending our technology solutions.
- The intern will report directly to a Dev Manager with more than a decade of enterprise application and E-Commerce experience. This is a career-accelerating opportunity for the right team member.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
- Understand Technical aspects of Project requirements and assist with design and development leveraging core modules of Oracle Commerce and other open source frameworks.
- Hands on development primarily in Java and JEE technology stack.
- Focus on the analytical, problem solving and communication functions within Business and IT teams.
- Provide Engineering Support to the existing Service Delivery (Operations) teams on Level 3 issues and Hot Fixes / Break Fixes needed to maintain the current production state.
- Participate in the end to end software development lifecycle assisting with work breakdown, estimation and other day to day operations.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related technical field entering final year of school. Would not exclude recent graduates from 2017.
- Strong academic record
- Completed projects or classes in Object Oriented Programming and Data Structures and Algorithms
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, problem solving, attention to details, interpersonal and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2018.