Intern - Integrated Marketing
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty (“Ulta”) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services. Since opening its first store 28 years ago, The Company has grown to become the top national retailer providing All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. Ulta offers more than 20,000 products from more than 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points. Ulta also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring hair, skin, makeup and brow services. Ulta is recognized for its commitment to personalized service, fun and inviting stores and its industry-leading ULTAmate Rewards loyalty program, which boasts over 30 million members.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
- The Integrated Marketing Intern will have the exciting opportunity to work on marketing projects, particularly those regarding emerging brands, priority cosmetic brand support and promotional innovation. Partnering closely with the Integrated Marketing team, this position will help develop creative briefs, monitor project timelines, and help track initiatives among cross-marketing teams. The role will also include the opportunity to analyze campaigns and ideate ways to continually innovate promotional strategy.
- Collaboration and strong communication with partners throughout the business; including our Merchandising, Social and Creative teams to ensure successful execution. Opportunity to participate in cross-functional meetings.
- Consistent advocate for the guest to ensure the marketing message is clearly communicated
- Ability to identify key insights in reporting
- Currently pursuing a Master’s degree and entering final year of school (preferably marketing / business). Would not exclude recent graduates from 2018.
- Interest in pursuing a career in Marketing or Advertising
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Desire to work in a fast paced, always changing environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Proven command of Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2019.