Intern - Digital Creative
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty (“Ulta”) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services. Since opening its first store 28 years ago, The Company has grown to become the top national retailer providing All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. Ulta offers more than 20,000 products from more than 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points. Ulta also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring hair, skin, makeup and brow services. Ulta is recognized for its commitment to personalized service, fun and inviting stores and its industry-leading ULTAmate Rewards loyalty program, which boasts over 30 million members.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
The Digital Designer will be responsible for designing promotional site assets and experiences, digital marketing, paid social and affiliate assets This role will work seamlessly with the Senior Manager, Digital Creative (Experiences & Marketing) and the team, as well as teams across Ecommerce, Social Media/Content, Integrated Marketing, CRM/Loyalty as we continue to grow, evolve, and innovate our digital footprint. They possess extraordinary visual and user interface design skills, as well as user-centered design principles. They have an affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, they are able to grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions. Strong communication skills and ability to stay highly organized is critical. They should be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- A strong online design portfolio
- A great eye for detail, demonstrate creative and innovative problem solving
- Elevated taste level and innate ability to create unique, own design elements and experiences, with strong typography and layout hierarchy skills
- Solid understanding of user experience and interaction design across all digital platforms – how to craft an interaction that will intuitively lead a user through a flow
- Create a beautiful, innovative and immersive experience for our guest
- A great eye for layout, hierarchy of content, beautiful product composition in collaboration with the Photo Studio
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Motivated, proactive, outgoing, and comfortable working in a loosely structured organization
- Partner closely with the Digital Creative & cross-functional business partners on multiple pieces of the same campaign – ensuring cohesion of all campaign elements
- Implement the Ulta Beauty brand identity, visual and voice into every campaign & communication
- Extreme efficiency, organization and attention to detail is a must
- Able to balance several work streams and prioritize deliverables – meeting deadlines with quality design
- Excellent interpersonal skills across both creative and business departments
- Be responsive to ever changing business need that support the overall enterprise
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and entering final year of school. Would not exclude recent graduates from 2019.
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2019.
- 1-2 years in digital visual design for marketing, and/or advertising projects
- Working towards Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design, Media Arts or similar
- Intermediate level skill with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign. Sketch
- Intermediate level skill with knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PPT, HTML/CSS
- Experience in AfterEffects a plus
- Previous experience working in an e-commerce or retail environment is a plus but not a requirement
- A passion for Ulta Beauty, its products, and its guests is a requirement