Intern - Category Management
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty (“Ulta”) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services. Since opening its first store 28 years ago, The Company has grown to become the top national retailer providing All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. Ulta offers more than 20,000 products from more than 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points. Ulta also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring hair, skin, makeup and brow services. Ulta is recognized for its commitment to personalized service, fun and inviting stores and its industry-leading ULTAmate Rewards loyalty program, which boasts over 30 million members.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
The Intern of Category Management will support the Manager of Category Management to develop and execute analytical concepts in our assortment planning/category management landscape. This individual will support processes and analytics that will influence merchandise strategies, product selection, and improve our organizational processes using more space aware data to make assortment decisions. This role resides within the Merchandise Operations business team and will work with numerous cross functional business areas (merchandising, Marketing, Inventory, Planning, etc.)
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support execution of space to sales reporting for designated departments, leveraging but not limited to macro & micro space data.
- Develop reporting and/or templates to support enterprise initiatives that drive improved integration of data to influence assortment decisions (improve department, brand and or item productivity) being made by blending the art/science of merchandising
- Support and work cross functionally with Merchandising, Planning, Inventory, Loyalty, etc. to implement, execute, track, and adjust assortments as needed.
- Communicate complex ideas in both analytical and user-friendly language
- Create effective PowerPoint presentations that include influential data points utilizing easy to interpret visuals
- Support Category Management team in gaining cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, project team and other departments within the organization.
- Present insights to Merchandising team in large group settings
- Automate processes and analyze data within Excel/Access
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and entering final year of school. Would not exclude recent graduates from 2020.
- Proficient Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Clear planning and prioritizing skills; methodical and detailed work behavior
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Capable of working in a dynamic environment, handling multiple projects, meeting deadlines, able to prioritize appropriately and respond to issues quickly and creatively with an open and positive attitude.
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment and interact with management level personnel.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2020.