Intern - Business Intelligence
Bolingbrook, IL, USA
1000 Remington Blvd
Ulta Beauty (“Ulta”) is the largest beauty retailer in the United States and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin, hair care products and salon services. Since opening its first store 28 years ago, The Company has grown to become the top national retailer providing All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. Ulta offers more than 20,000 products from more than 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points. Ulta also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring hair, skin, makeup and brow services. Ulta is recognized for its commitment to personalized service, fun and inviting stores and its industry-leading ULTAmate Rewards loyalty program, which boasts over 30 million members.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM STRUCTURE:
Our internship program is designed to provide real-world experience that is directly related to your academic discipline and career goals and provide you a better understanding of career options for your degree. Components of the program include:
- Hands-on experience working as a member of a specific department and team.
- Assigned projects to accelerate learning of key functions/process.
- Cross-functional departmental exposures within the corporate office.
- Tours and exposure to other business areas (e.g., stores, distribution center) to ensure full understanding of the company structure and strategy.
- End of program presentation of project findings, and recommended course of action to executives.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF INTERNSHIP:
The Business Intelligence Intern will participate in the design, development, and implementation of reporting solutions that meet business reporting and analytical objectives for Supply Chain. In additional, he/she will also be responsible for helping to establish efficient processes to maintain data models, ensure data accuracy and stability. This individual will assist the Supply Chain BI Team as a liaison between IT and business to actualize data requests and functional delivery of business reporting needs. This person must be able prioritize task and proactively communicate priorities. Additional responsibilities include:
- Participate in requirements gathering for data visualization needs
- Assist the development of data models to support Supply Chain reporting and analytical needs
- Mine and analyze data necessary to draw conclusions on business trends
- Partner with I.T. on data requirements needed to support the build of data models
- Learn how to build data models within SAP HANA and other relation database environments
- Identify opportunities to improve our end user experience
- Execute additional ad-hoc tasks as needed
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Database Administration and entering final year of school. Would not exclude recent graduates from 2020.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Basic knowledge SQL or data modeling experience
- Experience building data visualizations using Tableau, Design Studio, Lumira, and other front-end visualization tools.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS suite of tools.
- Comfortable learning new software, a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Strong academic record.
- Previous work experience and involvement with on-campus organizations or activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, time management, presentation and relationship building skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure, fast-pace environment.
- Ability to work in our Bolingbrook office during core business hours of 8:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- Ability to commit during the months of June – August 2020.